eHealth Queensland launched the first of a series of a start-up and innovation showcases for emerging suppliers of new ‘digital health’ solutions on 21 October at QUT.
The objective of this event is to identify emerging solutions that would aid the improved design, delivery and/or management of healthcare services.
20 suppliers were selected to showcase their solution to an audience of clinicians and administrators as well as executives from across Queensland Health. From this event one supplier, Simient, was chosen to undertake a Proof-of-Concept project within Queensland Health.
Simient is humbled to have been selected against such strong competition. Congratulations to eHealth QLD on running such a professional and well thought out event.
CHIMP – Children’s Health Integrated Mobile Passport
The problem it solves:
Families and caregivers of children with complex care needs experience a number of challenges today:
· It’s not easy for them to record and recall all relevant details of their children’s case plan and other information they need to know. Not having these details on hand and accurately recorded leads to poor compliance to the case plan and may negatively impact the child’s health.
· Families/care givers often need to provide other medical professionals involved in the child’s care relevant and important details to ensure that their advice is supporting rather than hindering the child’s treatment.
· To support a family’s independence, they need relevant information to facilitate better decision making in the best interest of the child’s care.
Description of solution:
Provide authorised care providers, care givers and patients mobile/online access to:
• Connected Care/Nurse Navigator Case Management plans/details, that can help the families better self-manage their care, & provide an authoritative source of information when talking with their GP or other health professionals
• Information & contact details relevant to their care, to facilitate better decision making
• Resource library of approved resources
• A mapping tool that displays local pharmacies, GPs, Emergency Departments & accommodation
• Load pictures & lodge documents, including events, notes & updates to case management team
• Ability to view and add appointments, set reminders and list the preparation required