The Department of Education provides education to young Territorians from the early years to adulthood. It has a range of strategic policy, regulatory, delivery and support responsibilities including:
• ensuring quality early learning and development programs
• delivering high quality education services to maximise student learning
• providing pathways for school-aged students aligned with their further education, and work or career aspirations
• providing a regulatory function over the operation of early childhood services and non-government schools
• supporting Northern Territory (NT) institutions delivering tertiary education
• Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS).
Read Case Study
The Participation, Pathways and Engagement (PPE) unit within the Department of Education required a system to provide more efficient and effective way of managing their business. The unit plays a critical role to improve enrolment, attendance of young Territorians and works with schools, families, communities and other organisations in a range of ways to achieve the goal.
Simient implemented SEAT in CaseNet, which provides facilities for the creation and management of Cases and associated data, with role based permissions built into the system, providing an inbuilt framework for managing user access and authorisation to cases also links to Student Master Index as a source of student information.
Allows Truancy Officers to manage students, cases, schools and scheduling for truancy patrols. Interfaces with the Student Master Index as a source of truth for student information, Exchange for email & appointment scheduling, and NT Schools’ LDAP service for school information.
Simient was accommodating and the database has met the required specifications and functionality. They are prompt to resolve issues and collaborated well to meet DoE requirements. An understanding of what we required was of a high level.
- Category: Education
- Client: Department of Education
- Location: Darwin, Australia